Stacy McGaugh explains at his blog, Triton Station, how important it is to consider the external field effect (in which external gravitational fields prevent MOND effects from arising) when using astronomy data to determine if MOND is a good description of reality. Because, when the external field effect is strong enough, MOND reduces to Newtonian gravity.
3 comments:
Whenever I read an article stating that 'we used MOND without the EFE' I imagine what would people say if an article used Einstein's equations but 'without the 1/2*R*g_munu term'.
A new analysis of data from LUX-ZEPLIN, or LZ, found a single particle interaction that is consistent with dark matter, researchers report September 1 at the TeV Particle Astrophysics meeting in Tendo, Japan, and in a paper posted on LZ’s website. But one event is not conclusive. Without more data, scientists can’t be sure what it is.
@neo Correct. I have a blog post on the find now.
Post a Comment