Monday, December 12, 2016

Aboriginal Australian mtDNA Supports Paradigm

The new Aboriginal Australian mtDNA data supports the paradigm of a single entry to Australia ca. 50kya with no subsequent mtDNA additions. About 77% of Aboriginal mtDNA remains in the Aboriginal gene pools (the other 23% is 98% European), while only about 20% of Aboriginal Y-DNA is indigenous.

No comments: